Saturday, January 19, 2013

Week #2 Date

Again, I ate at a Thai restaurant. But the food was AMAZING. And oh, crap, I just realized it's still in my car. :(

My date was a guy I know from work. He was very nice and funny. We had dinner then went to a new art bar downtown to watch a band play. But here's the thing, for those of you who don't know. I'm still kinda hung up on this guy I dated for the past 6 or so months (who recently moved away), so the whole date was a little awkward for me. I never relaxed enough to fully enjoy myself, and I apologized to my date for that (although I probably should have just let it go). So awkward!

So I don't know if there will be a repeat of this one. He seemed interested in hanging out again, but I don't know if it's a good idea until I'm more emotionally stable after the last guy.

More about the date specifically... He is a very funny guy but I just wasn't in the mood for his kind of humor - silly and flirty. But it was fun talking to him. I had Pad Thai for dinner and it was soooo freaking good, I think I will get the gross leftovers out of my car and eat them later. We stopped at a dive bar between dinner and the downtown bar and played 2 games of pool AND I WON BOTH OF THEM. Fair and square, no cheating, no winning-by-default. I actually hit the 8 ball in both times. It was incredible.

When we got to the downtown bar, we walked around upstairs where some artists were working and selling their work, and I had a Tarot card reading. He told me that if I stayed with the guy I've been seeing, I'll end up pregnant. ... uhh... The rest of it was nonsense, something about defending my friends and being the head of household, and I should expect a promotion or something.  The band was really good, my date enjoyed the reggae music (I'm friends with a guy in this band and have seen them a few times).  Took him to another bar for some pizza then headed home. No goodnight kiss or anything, not that I wouldn't have, but I need to get my head straight before anything like that happens.

No comments: